Lodging in Caen
We begin by pointing out some downtown hotels where participants will be able to dine within walking distance of their hotel room and reach the conference grounds with a fifteen-minute tramway ride. Again we invite participants to book early.
Some small individual student rooms equipped with restrooms, a sink and a shower will be available for the week of the conference for about 110 euros. Interested people should notify Christian Ballot (christian.ballot (at) unicaen.fr) as soon as you are decided but in any case before May the 15th. Payment will be due at a later date (not with your registration). The rooms are some 200 yards away from the maths department. Thus, they are close to the conference site. Breakfast will be available for an additional 4 euros per day, and a bath towel and a towel for 2.5 euros for the week.Among two-star hotels one of them, l'Hôtel du Château, has accepted to provide special rates for conference participants.
Hôtel du Château:
22 rooms. Do mention the Fibonacci conference. Your per-night rates will be:
- 60.60€ for 1 person; 1 large bed (includes room, breakfast and taxes)
- 69.20€ for 2 people ; 1 large bed (includes room, breakfast and taxes)
- 79.20€ for 2 people ; 1 large and 1 small bed (includes room, breakfast and taxes)
- Hôtel Astrid has thirteen rooms.
- Hôtel du Havre has nineteen rooms.
- A very nice hotel is Best Western Le Dauphin, but we believe they only have about ten rooms left available for the week of the conference.
- Another is Accor Mercure Port de Plaisance (downtown by the Marina).
- Accor Ibis Caen Centre (also by the Marina).
- Accor Ibis Styles Caen Rives de l'Orne which a recently built three-star hotel close to the train station.
- Bristol Contact Hôtel (also a three-star).
- Hôtel de France Inter-Hôtel (again a three-star).
- Accor Ibis Budget Caen Gare, a two-star by the train station.
- Hôtel de Rouen, by the train station.